The Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
The Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
As experts in vinyl flooring in Maroochydore, Caloundra and the wider Sunshine Coast area, we are often asked about the advantages of vinyl planks/tiles, printed vinyl, and vinyl sheet flooring, so we thought we’d put together this quick guide.
Vinyl floor coverings were first invented in the 1930s, and by the 1950s, it was a major competitor to similar hard-wearing, resilient options and had all but surpassed linoleum floorings position as the best, low-cost, water-repellent flooring solution.
Vinyl can come in a few different forms, and understanding the features of each and how it affects your usage is vital in making a decision which type is right for you.
The Different Types of Vinyl
• Solid and composite vinyl tiles are homogeneous, with colours permeating every layer, a feature that makes them more resistant to damage from scratches. This form does not have a clear wear layer, so they can occasionally require stripping and polishing.
• Printed vinyl is far more customisable, and can be more unique in its pattern and design. This form does come with extra protection. However printed vinyl will be only as durable as the clear wear layer that protects the surface.
• Fiberglass-reinforced vinyl sheet flooring is extremely durable, while also being pliable and resistant to damage. One advantage of using vinyl sheet flooring is that individual pieces can be easily replaced if they are damaged.
Advantages of Vinyl FloorS
There are also a variety of advantages that come with installing vinyl floors in your home.
• Low Maintenance: Vinyl flooring is relatively easy to care for, and can ensure that grit and dirt are easy to remove, maintaining the cleanliness of the floor. By simply using a damp mop and an approved vinyl floor cleaner to remove stains. Few flooring options are as easy to clean as vinyl.
• Water Resistance: A well-installed vinyl floor is almost impervious to water penetration, making it the perfect material for use in a bathroom, kitchen, and laundry.
• Comfort underfoot: Vinyl does not get cold in the winter and is generally soft underfoot. Some vinyl has a padded layer that can make walking on these floors even more comfortable.
• Inexpensive: Vinyl is well known for being one of the most economical, affordable floor coverings available on the market. There are various levels of pricing available vinyl, dependent upon quality as well as design.
• Durability: Vinyl is generally considered to be a highly durable material that, if properly installed and maintained, can last upwards of twenty years. However, the quality of the material that you purchase and the way it was manufactured will determine how well your floor planks/tiles or vinyl sheets last over time.
• Ease of installation: Vinyl tiles/plank flooring, and sheets are all relatively easy to install. You do have to ensure that you have a completely dry, level sub-floor. Most Sunshine Coast flooring installers can have it completed in less than a day.
As you can see, vinyl flooring is affordable and economical, and highly durable. Phone our Kelwin Carpet Shop team today for a chat about vinyl flooring in Caloundra, Maroochydore, and the greater Sunshine Coast region.