Kelwin Carpet Store Sunshine Coast
We abide by the National Privacy Principles, which provide an arrangement in relation to the collection, disclosure, use and storage of personal information.
Our objective is to handle personal information responsibly and provide you with a say over the way information about you is handled.
Collection of Personal Information
- Personal information is generally characterised as any information or opinion from which a person’s identity may be ascertained. The type of personal information collected by us generally comprises of your name and contact details, such as your address, phone number(s), fax or e-mail address. This personal information may be collected from time to time for the purposes of arranging, conducting, promoting or protecting our business activities or interests.
- We will generally not collect any personal information unless it is to perform one or more functions or business activities. To this end, and from time to time, we may collect sensitive information with your consent or alternatively as may be required by law.
- When we no longer require your information, we will generally destroy it, or it may be stored in our systems.
- There are several ways that we collect personal information. This includes you providing information to us directly or alternatively by telephone or written communications or through automated systems monitoring the traffic to any of our website addresses.
Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
- Some of the reasons that your personal information will be released by us may include for internal auditing purposes, administrative purposes, adding your name to a contact list (including guest lists, invitations lists or advertising lists) or helping us to identify market trends, production and business activities or investments opportunities, which may be of benefit or interest to you.
- In some situations, we may be required to disclose your information without obtaining your express or implied consent. Your consent is not required if it is;
- required or authorised by the law;
- required by investigative bodies or enforcement agencies;
- required for us to comply with an Order of a Court or Tribunal;
- necessary for us to prevent or reduce the risk of a serious or imminent threat to the health or safety of a person, individual, the public or otherwise.
- From time to time, we will use your personal information to identify business activities or investment or other opportunities which may be of benefit or interest to you.
- If you do not want to receive the Kelwin Carpet Store’s marketing information or products, you should let us know and we will take the appropriate measures to ensure you do not receive such information or products.
Ensure Accuracy of Personal Information
- Our goal is to ensure that personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. To achieve this goal, you may need to contact us to change any incorrect information.
Security and Storage of your Personal Information
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and will take necessary and reasonable measures to protect such information from unauthorised dealings, loss, misuse, variation or otherwise as is required by us.
- We may store your personal information in hard drives, electronically, in a third-party email programmes or on a server or within our files or on paper.
- Kelwin Coastal Carpet Store’s security measures include physical security over paper or electronic data. This includes locks and may include computer security software.
Accessing Personal Information
- You may request access to your personal information held by Kelwin Coastal Carpet Store Sunshine Coast.
- To obtain or gain access to your personal information, you will be required to;
- submit your request in writing;
- post your request to our postal address;
- provide three (3) forms of identity that is certified by an authorised person such as a lawyer or justice of the peace.
- Once we receive your request, we will respond within a reasonable time. There may also be a fee, which we will disclose when the request is made.
- In some situations, we may not provide you with access to your personal information. Some of the reasons may include;
- Access impacting the privacy of third parties;
- legal reasons such as proceedings or Orders by Court;
- access potentially creating a threat to the public or individual;
- prejudicing the rights of someone who is already a client of ours;
- access releasing sensitive information otherwise not available to you.
- In the event that we do not provide you with access to personal information that you have requested, we will outline the reason(s) why.